1) CDC honors donors’ requests to:
- Limit the frequency of contact.
- Not be contacted by telephone or other technology.
- Receive printed material concerning the organization.
- Discontinue contact.
2) CDC does not sell, rent, exchange, or share its donor list.
3) CDC honours donors’ requests to remain anonymous.
4) CDC encourages donors to seek independent advice regarding gifts described as Planned Gifts and/or gifts that may significantly affect the donor’s circumstances (including but not limited to taxation or family matters.)
5) CDC will issue appropriate receipts for all gifts made, in compliance with all regulations affecting CDC.
6) Any person seeking or receiving funds on behalf of CDC must:
- Act with fairness, integrity and in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Cease contacting a prospective donor who states that s/he does not wish to be contacted.
- Disclose immediately to CDC any actual or apparent conflict of interest or loyalty.
- Not accept donations for purposes that do not comply with CDC’s Charter.
- Identify his or her affiliation to CDC (e.g. staff, volunteer, contracted third party.)
- Secure and safeguard any confidential information, including credit card information, provided to them by donors.
7) Any person acting on behalf of CDC must not make claims that cannot be upheld or are misleading.
8) All fundraising solicitations by a person acting on behalf of CDC must:
- Be truthful.
- Accurately describe CDC’s activities.
- Disclose CDC’s name.
- Disclose the purpose for which funds are requested.
- Disclose, upon request, whether the individual or entity soliciting donations is a volunteer or employee or contracted third party.
- Identify the circumstances in which CDC will issue official donation receipts.
9) Any fundraising materials distributed by or on behalf of CDC must include its address or other contact information.
10) Those acting on behalf of CDC will be sensitive in describing those CDC serves and fairly represent their needs and how these needs will be addressed.
11) CDC does not, directly or indirectly, pay finder’s fees, commissions or percentage compensation based on contributions.
14) CDC provides, upon request, current available information on its gross revenue, net proceeds and costs of any fundraising activity.