Full Time – Community Case Manager – Community
The Calgary Dream Centre is a faith-based recovery organization working to change the lives of those most vulnerable in the city of Calgary. Our holistic process of transformation helps individuals escape the cycle of homelessness and addiction.
Joining the Calgary Dream Centre as a Community Case Manager means becoming an important part of our team dedicated to providing support to vulnerable populations struggling with addiction. Community Case Managers require strong organizational skills and the ability to establish collaborative and effective relationships with their team.
Roles and Responsibilities may include:
▪ Providing comprehensive case management to all clients, including but not limited to: assessment, individual case plans, referrals, housing assistance location, and advocacy
▪ Developing client personal plans; meet with clients to monitor progress in employment and job training; assist clients with social services needs in collaboration with other organizations as appropriate; advocate with agencies for clients when needed
▪ Mentoring clients and overseeing clients’ progress and interventions
▪ Monitoring housing and providing support, advice, and direction while ensuring open communication
▪ Maintaining conditions of properties, including keeping high standards of health, safety, and cleanliness for the clients
▪ Reporting to Property Management on all maintenance needs as well as emergencies related to property
▪ Tracking progress of clients and frequently analyzing, assessing and reviewing their objectives
▪ Keeping accurate and up to date case files, incorporating regular written case notes for clients, as well as relapse prevention plans relevant to all client cases
▪ Attending all meetings relevant to the position, i.e. weekly staff meetings, daily case management meetings, and other meetings on an as needed basis
Qualifications and Requirements:
▪ Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Behavioural Science or related social science
▪ 1-3 years experience working in the field of addiction and working with marginalized populations
▪ Valid Driver’s License with 2 million liability on insurance
▪ Well-developed and effective communication skills (written and oral)
▪ Demonstrated skill in critical thinking
▪ Experience with HMIS data base is an asset
▪ Flexibility for after-hours work as required to meet client needs
Why Join Us?
At the Calgary Dream Centre we are committed to the core values of mercy, compassion, respect, integrity, accountability and innovation. We practice these values every day as we engage with people on the streets and in our programs, supporting them as they take steps towards recovery and a new, purposeful life. Our organization is proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. We offer comprehensive training that further equips employees with the skills and resources needed to succeed in their role and provide quality services to the individuals they work with.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the desired position in the subject line. If email is not an option, applications can be mailed or handed in person to 4510 Macleod Trail SW Calgary, AB T2G 0A4 (Attention Human Resources). We thank all applicants for their interest; however only qualified candidates will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.