The Calgary Dream Centre is committed to provide high quality programs powered by a passionate and dedicated team. Should you be interested in the following positions, and the qualifications to succeed, we would love to connect with you! The Calgary Dream Centre is delighted to consider new team members who are passionate about transforming the community by empowering people to realize their dreams.
Community Case Manager
Full Time – Community Case Manager – Community
The Calgary Dream Centre is a faith-based recovery organization working to change the lives of those most vulnerable in the city of Calgary. Our holistic process of transformation helps individuals to escape the cycle of homelessness and addiction.
Joining the Calgary Dream Centre as a Community Case Manager means becoming an important part of our team dedicated to providing support to vulnerable populations struggling with addiction. Community Case Managers require strong organizational skills and the ability to establish collaborative and effective relationships with their team.
Roles and Responsibilities are as follows but are not limited to:
▪ Provide comprehensive case management to all clients, including but not limited to: assessment, individual case plans, referrals, housing assistance location, and advocacy
▪ Develop client personal plans; meet with clients to monitor progress in employment and job training; assist clients with social services needs in collaboration with other organizations as appropriate; advocate with agencies for clients when needed
▪ Mentor clients and oversee clients’ progress and interventions
▪ Monitor housing, provide support, advice and direction ensuring open communication
▪ Maintain conditions of housing properties, including keeping high standards of health, safety, and cleanliness for the clients
▪ Report to Property Management on all maintenance needs as well as emergencies related to property
▪ Track progress of clients and frequently analyze, assess and review objectives
▪ Keep accurate and up to date case files, incorporating regular written case notes for clients, as well as relapse prevention plans relevant to all client cases
▪ Attend all relevant meetings to position, i.e. weekly staff meetings, daily case management meetings, and other meetings on an as needed basis
Qualifications and Requirements:
▪ Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Behavioural Science or related social science
▪ 1-3 years experience working in the field of addiction and working with marginalized populations
▪ Valid Driver’s License with 2 million liability on insurance
▪ Well-developed and effective communication skills (written and oral)
▪ Demonstrated skill in critical thinking
▪ Experience with HMIS data base is an asset
▪ Flexibility for after-hours work as required to meet client needs
Why Join Us?
At the Calgary Dream Centre we are committed to the core values of mercy, compassion, respect, integrity, accountability and innovation. We practice these values every day as we engage with people on the streets and in our programs, supporting them as they take steps towards recovery and a new, purposeful life. Our organization is proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. We offer comprehensive training that further equips employees with the skills and resources needed to succeed in their role and provide quality services to the individuals they work with.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the desired position in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only qualified candidates will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
Ready to Apply?
To apply for any of these positions, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.