Full Time – Fund Development Manager
The Calgary Dream Centre is a faith-based recovery organization working to change the lives of those most vulnerable in the city of Calgary. Our holistic process of transformation helps individuals to escape the cycle of homelessness and addiction.
Reporting to the Director of Fund Development this position will enrich our giving program. You will be responsible for cultivating and managing relationships with existing major gift prospects, as well as identifying new prospects. This position requires strong organizational and communication skills as well as the ability to establish collaborative relationships with team members.
Roles and Responsibilities are as follows but are not limited to:
- Establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the organization and with external stakeholders
- Help donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization
- Make face-to-face solicitations, manage existing portfolio of donors and prospects, and secure major gifts
- Collaborate with the development team, CEO/Executive Director, Board of Directors, and others to align fundraising efforts and help with donor communications
- Enhance major giving programs and assist with events and functions
- Acknowledge donors through public and private recognition
- Secure funding through writing coherent and compelling grant proposals
- Leverage your affiliation with individuals and organizations, other charitable and non-government organizations, consultants, fundraising associations, and professional development groups to compel individuals to action
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum three years major gift fundraising experience
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification considered to be an asset
- Knowledge of tax and legal aspects of gifts, estates, and bequests considered to be an asset
- Intermediate experience with donor databases, prospect research, and other wealth screening tools
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends
Why Join Us?
At the Calgary Dream Centre we are committed to the core values of mercy, compassion, respect, integrity, accountability and innovation. We practice these values every day as we engage with people on the streets and in our programs, supporting them as they take steps towards recovery and a new, purposeful life. Join our passionate, collaborative team and make a difference within the lives of people overcoming homelessness and addiction.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com indicating the desired position in the subject line. If email is not an option, applications can be mailed or handed in person to 4510 Macleod Trail SW Calgary, AB T2G 0A4 (Attention Human Resources). We thank all applicants for their interest; however only qualified candidates will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.