CALGARY DREAM CENTRE PHILOSOPHY
The Calgary Dream Centre is a faith-based recovery organization working to change the lives of those most vulnerable in the city of Calgary. Our holistic process of transformation helps individuals to escape the cycle of homelessness and addiction.
We strive to guide men and women caught in cycles of poverty and addiction into lives of purpose, providing them with the tools necessary to move forward into strong, healthy lives. We believe in a multi-phased process of recovery in which our ultimate goal is to reconnect the individuals we serve to their families and become productive, contributing members of society.
At the Calgary Dream Centre we are committed to the core values of mercy, compassion, respect, integrity, accountability, and innovation. We strive to develop a workplace culture that practices these values every day as we engage with staff, volunteers, partners and the individuals in in our programs, supporting them as they take steps towards recovery and a new, purposeful life.
Reporting to the Team Lead of Tower Housing this position is responsible for all Case Load, including but not limited to, goal planning, monthly stats, client assessments, and collecting rental arrears The individual in this role will develop a detailed understanding of the operations of the Tower Housing programs and will take initiative in assisting the team with effective care for clients.
RESPONSIBILITES & SCOPE OF EMPLOYMENT
Ultimately, the job of the Tower Case Manager is to take charge of their case load and also support in other areas of programming to drive efficiency and effectiveness. This position fills a case management role in the Tower Department, and is actively involved with the Calgary Dream Centre’s program projects.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Carry and manage a case load of up to thirty clients
- Oversee clients – goal planning, providing support and referrals according to client needs
- Mentor clients and oversee clients’ progress and intervention
- Monitor clients growth, provide support, advice and direction ensuring open communication
- Involve Team Lead in all client meetings that may lead to eviction
- Under program delivery the Case Manager along with Team Lead will be responsible for ensuring best practices are followed
- Responsible for ensuring client maintains a healthy and safe transition throughout the programming
- Responsible for attending weekly meetings to report to Property Management Team on clients’ rent status
- Follow up with clients regarding unhealthy room states and or non-compliance in program duties
- Track progress of clients and frequently analyze, assess and review objectives
- Incorporate regular written case notes for clients, as well as create relapse prevention plans relevant to all client cases
- Submit and forward Alberta Works applications on behalf of clients for income support
- Report to Team Lead about the clients’ successes and challenges daily in writing
- Attend resident graduations on a weekly basis
- Other duties as they arise
The scope of employment may include:
- Lifting, cleaning, and packing client belongings which may contain bad odors, un-clean clothing, etc.
- Work with struggling individuals who may use aggressive behavior (verbal and/or physical) in their interactions with staff and clients
- Handling difficult situations with clients which involve the impact of trauma, addictions, suicidal ideations, and/or death of clients
The Tower Case Manager is measured on assisting in the continual improvement of the Tower Department; bringing in new initiatives for more effective Case Management through consistent development. Success criteria include:
- Positive brand recognition and consistency shown in practicing CDC values
- Maintaining needs and client concerns
- Assisting in initiatives of the Tower Department
- Maintaining accurate information input
EXPERINECE AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related social science
- 1-3 years experience working in the field of addiction and working with marginalized populations
- Required to have a Driver’s License with 2 million liability on insurance
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The Tower Case Manager requires leadership and effective communication skills. Specific skills required include:
- Comprehensive understanding of men’s difficulties relating to poverty, addictions, violence, and mental health
- General knowledge of 12 Step and other recovery based models
- Ability to effectively manage confrontations and conflict
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills, including strong problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow, and possess excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of local social service agencies and referrals
- Knowledge in preparing reports, and ability to maintain client case files
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and be self-motivated
- Acute attention to detail and a commitment to excellence and high standards
- Experience using HMIS is an definite asset
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com indicating the desired position in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only qualified candidates will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.